Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: some progress on the blue Spirit R/T

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Re: some progress on the blue Spirit R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    How are you driving that thing without a Serp Belt Josh? Gonna get hot real quick isn't it?
    I just looked at the pic closer. It looks like he has a shorter belt that bypasses the a/c compressor.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Hybrid booster

it has a shorter non A/C belt on it it almost seems like it wants to run too cool. the temp gauge while on the highway is usually around the first mark. the heater blows hot though. i put in a new 195* thermostat and 50/50 mix of coolant. i don't know, maybe it's just the gauge or sending unit. i'm gonna hook up the OTC and see where it's really at.

---------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS

Hybrid booster

i just drove back down to Laramie and got better gas mileage this time. i once again filled up before i left and reset the trip computer. when i got to Laramie it showed 30.5 mpg/average. i filled the tank again right when i got into town. however, when i divided the miles i traveled by the amount of gas used i came up with 28.84 mpg, so it seems the trip computer is a bit "optimistic".

anyway, the car ran perfect, no issues at all besides the power steering. i've put almost 600 miles on it in the last two days.

Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    Haha! Thats one thing the 8 guys who have never driven a 16v will never understand. These motors feel like they will pull clear to 9000 rpms. Thats what frightens me with my car, I can look down and be at 6500 rpms before I even know it and the motor sounds as happy as can be.
    Exactly, I love it, it pulls cleanly to 7000 rpm and I could probably go higher but then, heavy engine wear will result,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TurboSedan View Post
    i just drove back down to Laramie and got better gas mileage this time. i once again filled up before i left and reset the trip computer. when i got to Laramie it showed 30.5 mpg/average. i filled the tank again right when i got into town. however, when i divided the miles i traveled by the amount of gas used i came up with 28.84 mpg, so it seems the trip computer is a bit "optimistic".
    I've found the trip computer to be pretty accurate. I used to divide out every tank and it was always within a couple tenths. I even used to run some short tires in the summer and it was accurate on that when you correct for the differince in mileage. I thought that was pretty odd.

Good to hear it's running well for you.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurboSedan View Post

anyway, the car ran perfect, no issues at all besides the power steering. i've put almost 600 miles on it in the last two days.

Joshua Mitchell

'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS
    What, driving to Colorado for that CSX were you?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

haha nope, we actually drove my brother's red Spirit R/T down to Colorado to pick up the CSX we probably would have drove the blue car but it has no stereo.

i drove the blue R/T up to Gillette and back this past weekend. driving it up there again this morning....ugh. i'm kinda sick of driving.
    ----------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '87 Shelby CSX #667
    '98 Buick Regal GS

Hybrid booster

where can you get the non ac belt is it for a different application? i just realized i am going to need a shorter belt since i deleted the ac, it didnt even dawn on me till i read this.

turbo addict

Check the alt parts sticky in the top of this forum. the xxxxx60 belt was too short on my car and I had to goto the 72 length belt.

Hybrid booster

i've put almost 2000 miles on the car now and it runs GREAT!!!!!! oil is still nice and clean and hasn't burnt any. very fun to drive and pretty quick even with minimum boost. i don't have a boost gauge but it just has a short vacuum line from the fitting on the compressor outlet straight to the wastegate can. maybe ~7psi?

i did get one good (albeit short) race with a nice looking early 90s fox body Mustang convertible. it looked well taken care of but i'm pretty sure it had to have been completely stock. it was a definately a 5-speed. the guy was looking all cool with the top down and was edging forward at the red light so i figured he wanted to go. i out launched him and kept his front bumper right at my rearview mirror. he stayed right there until i got to the top of 2nd gear and then i started slowly walking away from him and he gave up haha. he wouldn't even look at me at the next light we got together. of course, when the light turned green he did a big 'ol burnout while i slowly pulled away. why race again when i already proved my point?

--------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '87 Shelby CSX #667
    '98 Buick Regal GS

Hybrid booster

i got the belt for non ac, just get any 67" 6 rib belt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345